|Type of Tour||Hiking, Food & Accommodation Package|
|Tour Length||2 days|
|Tour Starts & Ends||Clare|
|Transport around the Valley||Included|
|Maps & Full Support||Included|
|Price 2 Guests||$1470 ($735 per person)|
|Additional Guests||$330 per person|
|To Book A Place||10%|
|Groups larger than 5 please contact email@example.com|
|For cancellations due to Covid and related travel restrictions, any funds paid will go into credit for future use.|
Book with Confidence
Check Dates & Book
Select the date of day 1 of the package, for example if you are booking for the weekend, select the Saturday date, even though you arrive on Friday evening.
Spectacular Pack Free Walking
Delightful Gourmet Restaurant & Winery Food
Delicious Award Winning Whites & Reds At Every Turn
Stunning Clare Valley Based Accommodation
Clare Valley Walking Tour Overview
Come to the Clare Valley and combine you love of hiking with that of delightful food, delicious wines and stunning accommodation.
This 2 day fully supported package is perfect for a weekend getaway.
Make you own way to Clare and then we take care of the rest, from walking maps, transport around the valley (don’t worry about drink driving), lunch, dinner and tasting bookings.
If you love bush walking, great food, great wine and great accommodation, this is the getaway for you.
- There are 2 days hiking on the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail.
- Each day is approximately 16km long.
- Shorter & Longer hike options available, just ask.
- The terrain is moderate, it includes hills.
- The trail varies from gravel roads, farmland & unmaintained walking trails.
- Participants should be fit and capable of walking these distances.
- Participants should carry their necessary clothing and equipment for the weather.
- If you purchase any wine while hiking, we will pick this up for you so you don’t have t carry it.
Included in the package
- 2 nights superb accommodation at the Neagles Retreat Villas (or similar if unavailable).
- Sevenhill Hotel for dinner, voted best Country Hotel Dining 2017, 18, 19 & 20
- Skillogalee Restaurant lunch.
- 2 x Healthy in Villa breakfast’s.
- Hiking Snacks.
- Catered gourmet in Villa dinner.
- Pre hike briefings with map & GPS hiking App support.
- Private return transport from Sevenhill Hotel.
- Private transport to and from hiking trail heads.
- O’Leary Walker Restaurant lunch.
- Pick up of any wine purchases you make while hiking.
- Please make your own way to the Clare Valley
- Tasting fees payable direct at some wineries, normally redeemable on purchase
2 Day Guided Walk Clare Valley Itinerary
- Please Note: We attempt to stick to the following itinerary as close as possible, however sometimes we need the flexibility to restructure this slightly due local conditions including weather.
Arrival into the Clare Valley
Make your way to the Clare Valley and drive straight to your accommodation.
Shortly after we’ll pick you up and drive you to the Sevenhill Hotel where you are booked in for dinner, the Sevenhill Hotel has won the AHA “Best County Hotel Dining SA” award 4 years running, from 2017 – 2020. Your choice of main will be paid for, drinks are available over the bar or select a bottle from the famous Sevenhill Hotel Cellar.
Don’t worry about driving home, we’ll pick you up and drop you at your villa when you are done.
- Make your own way to the Clare Valley
- Private transport to the Sevenhill Hotel
- Dinner at the Sevenhill Hotel
- Private transport back to you accommodation
- Meals: D
1. Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail
Today we start with a hike briefing, we get you set up with a gps map and run through the plan for the day.
Once sorted we will drop you at the start of the hike let you loose, today’s hike is approx 16km and follows the Clare Valley Wine and Wilderness Trail.
You will walk through plenty of wilderness and rural landscapes in addition passing several cellar doors which you are free to drop into as you wish.
All gong to plan you will arrive at Skillogalee Winery and Restaurant at around 1pm, where you are booked in for lunch, enjoy a well earned lunch with wine in the stunning Skillogalee setting.
Once lunch is washed down you can continue walking a short distance to finish the day off wine tasting at Michell Wines, Kilikanoon and Penna Lane.
We’ll then pick you up and drop you back at your Villa, where you are provided with a meal to enjoy at your accommodation.
- Pre hike briefing with GPS map support
- Multiple Cellar Doors along the hike
- Skillogalee Lunch
- Wine Tasting after lunch
- Transport back the your Villa
- In Villa Dinner supplied
- Meals: BLD
2. Hike and head home
This morning, after our hiking briefing, you’ll check out of the accommodation and together we’ll drop your vehicle ay O’Leary Walker wine, where today’s hike ends.
We’ll then drop you where you finished off yesterday for you to continue the hike.
Today’s hike really channels the “wilderness” part of the Wine and Wilderness Trail, as we head into the Skilly Ranges through several kilometres of some of the most stunning bushland the Clare Valley has on offer.
Eventually you make your way back down to the valley floor and the picturesque Skilly Creek before making your way out of the Skilly Valley, and over to it’s neighbour, the Eyre Creek Valley where we will find O’Leary Walker Wines.
You are booked in for another delicious feed at O’Leary Walker, which is set on top of a hill with fabulous views of the Watervale Vineyard region.
From here make your way home in your own vehicle.
- Pre hike briefing with GPS map support
- O’Leary Walker Lunch
- Make your own way back home
- Dinner supplied
- Meals: BLD