|Type of Tour||Hiking & Lunch Package|
|Tour Length||6 – 8 hours|
|Hiking Distance||6km, 12km or 17km options|
|Tour Starts & Ends||Clare|
|Lunch||2 Course Skillogalee|
|Price||$120 per person|
|Group Size||1 to 6|
|Groups larger than 6 please contact firstname.lastname@example.org|
|For cancellations due to Covid and related travel restrictions, any funds paid will go into credit for future use.|
Book with Confidence
Check Dates & Book
Delightful Gourmet Restaurant & Winery Food
Delicious Award Winning Whites & Reds At Every Turn
Stunning Clare Valley Based Accommodation
Clare Valley Walking Tour Overview
Come to the Clare Valley and combine you love of hiking with that of delicious food & premium wines.
This fully supported hiking day is perfect for getting a look at the wild side of the Clare Valley
We take care of walking maps, lunch booking, transport to the start of the hike, backpack with water & snacks, as well as providing support throughout the day as you guide yourself along the hiking trail.
- The hike takes place on the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail.
- You can choose the 6km, 12km or 17km option
- The terrain is moderate, it includes hills.
- You hike at your own pace.
- The trail varies from gravel roads, farmland & unmaintained walking trails, and walking trails through a National Park.
- Participants should be fit and capable of walking the distances.
- We supply a backpack with some supplies, however participants should carry other necessary clothing for the weather.
Included in the package
- Skillogalee Restaurant lunch (2 courses).
- Pick up from Skillogalee in the morning and drop at the start of the hike.
- Pre hike briefings with map, hiking notes & GPS hiking App support.
- Water & Trail Mix (snacks)
- Thermos with your choice of barista made coffee or tea
- Small backpack
- Rain proof jacket
- First Aid Kit
- ‘Help me’ phone support throughout the day.
- Vehicle pick up support if you get lost or can’t make it.
- Make your own way to Skillogalee on the morning of the tour.
- Tasting fees payable direct at some wineries, normally redeemable on purchase.
- Wine at Skillogalee, can be purchased direct.
Guided Walk Clare Valley Itinerary
The day starts when we meet you at Skillogalee Winery Restaurant located near Sevenhill in the Skilly Creek region of the Clare Valley at 7.30am.
From here we will transport you in our vehicle to the start of the walk.
Prior to your departure we will do a full hike briefing where we will provide you with;
- Map of the trail
- Hiking Notes, including places of interest, places to stop etc
- Assistance with a GPS phone based app & map if you would like to use this
- Bottled water
- List of locations where you can refill your water bottle
- Pankarra Foods Energy Snacks
- Small Backpack *
- Rain Jacket *
- First Aid Kit *
- Personal Yeti Thermos filled with your choices of Clare’s best barista made coffee or tea *
- Our phone number to call if you need assistance throughout the day.
* these items to be returned at the end of the day
You will then begin the walk, walking at your pace.
You will walk through plenty of wilderness and rural landscapes in addition passing a couple cellar doors which you are free to drop into as you wish.
At the end of the walk you will arrive at Skillogalee Winery and Restaurant at around 1pm, where you are booked in for lunch, enjoy a well earned lunch in the stunning Skillogalee setting.
If you are are reasonably fit and walk at an average pace, then the timing of the 17km trek will get you to lunch at 1pm with a few stops along the way, if you are a slower walker, or just like to take your time, it would be wise to walk a shorter distance, you can discuss this with us either at the time of booking or on the morning of departure.
Once lunch is finished you simply hop into your own vehicle which is parked at Skillogalee, you backpacks and gear can be left at Skillogalee.
- Pick up from Skillogalee Winery
- Pre hike briefing with Map, Notes & GPS app support
- Backpack with food, drinks & equipment provided
- Multiple Cellar Doors along the hike
- Skillogalee Lunch