To register for the opening of the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail on the 24th of April 2021, please visit the official CVWWT website:
What is the Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail?
The Clare Valley Wine and Wilderness Trail is a community led project designed to Highlight the Premium, Wine, Food and Natural Landscapes of the stunning Clare Valley.
- When completed, it will be a 100km walking / cycling trail around the Clare Valley.
- The trail will begin and end at the Clare Valley Visitors Centre.
- The trail will showcase the region’s natural beauty & premium food and wine products.
- The trail will be a public trail available to locals and visitors, users of the trail will be free to complete the entire route or smaller sections.
- Walkers would take 5 days to complete the entire route, cyclists between 2 & 5 days.
- Part of the trail will be a combined trail for both walkers & cyclists, at other times walkers and cyclists will take slightly different routes.
- The trail will travel on a network of backroads, road reserves & private property.
- The trail will consist of 5 stages, each approx 20km in length
- The target completion date for stage 1 is the 24th of April 2021.
- The target completion date for stages 2 – 5 is Easter 2022
Stage 1 Opening 24th April 2021
The Clare Valley Wine & Wilderness Trail are opening stage 1 of the trail at 9.30am on the 24th of April 2021, from the Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre to Jim Barry Cellar Door, a distance of approximately 20km.
The trail will be officially launched by the Premier, the Hon Steven Marshall their patron, Mrs Janet Angas, who has kindly allowed hikers access along the ridge top of Dunn’s Range where the trail passes through Hill River Station.
Morning tea will be available for hikers en route at the Hill River Station conservatory atop Dunn’s Range at the 6.5km mark.
A large crowd of eager hikers & cyclists is anticipated on the day, the CVWWT committee ask that those planning to attend to please complete the free registration / ticket process available at cvwwt.com.au
- Start: Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre, 8 Spring Gully Rd Clare.
- End: Jim Barry Winery Cellar Door.
- Start Time: 9.30am.
- Strictly no dogs, as the trail crosses multiple private properties.
- Morn tea available en route at the 6.5km mark.
- Hikers should anticipate a mix of roads and private property requiring crossing fences and walking over natural and potentially rough terrain.
- Cyclist should anticipate a mix of gravel and sealed roads.
- All those planning to attend are asked to complete the free registration process.